UPSC NDA NA Recruitment 2017
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) published an official notification for the National Defence Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy (NA) Examination (II), 2017. interested, eligible candidates to apply for the same. The exam is being conducted for admission into army, navy and air force wings of the National Defence Academy.
- No. of posts: 390
- Name of posts:
- National Defence Academy: 335 Posts (208 for Army, 55 for Navy and 72 for Air Force)
- Naval Academy (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme): 55 Posts
- Educational qualification:
- Army Wing of National Defence Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- Age limit: Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd January, 1999 and not later than 1st January, 2002 are eligible
- Application Fee: Candidates (excepting SC/ST candidates/Sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs specified in Note 2 below who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/MasterCard/Rupay Credit/Debit Card.
- The selection of candidates will be done in two stages based on Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test. All the applicants who successfully clear both the stages will have to submit all the original certificates to the selection board committee.
Exam pattern & Syllabus
- Written exam pattern:
- Sections: The examination will be asked in two subsequent sections; written test and intelligence & personality test.
- The question paper of written test will contain objective type questions and sectioned in code 1 & 2 as shown in the table below.
- For an incorrect response, there will be negative marking.
- Answering Method: Each question will have four optional answer candidates have to choose the right one only.
- Candidates use only black ball pen to mark answers.
- Language: The paper will be of both language Hindi & English.
- Mode of Exam: The paper will be held through offline mode.
- Syllabus for written exam:
- The syllabus has been divided into 2 sections Mathematics and General Ability Test.
- The General Ability Test section will contain questions from different topics such as Physics, Chemistry, General Science, English, General Knowledge, Geography and Current Events.
- Candidates can prepare for the exam from the above-mentioned topics for better preparations.
How to apply:
- Candidates are required to apply online by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given in the Appendix-II. Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
- EXAMINATION NOTICE NO.10/2017-NDA-II
- Online application start from: 07/06/2017
- Last date for online application: 30/06/2017 (till 06:00 PM)