SSC SI, CAPF, ASI in CISF 2017
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) published notification for recruitment for Sub-Inspectors in Delhi Police, Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and Assistant Sub Inspectors in CISF, in the month of June & July 2017. For more details regarding educational qualification, how to apply, no. of posts, last date for submission application and other details are available at given below link.
- Total No. of Posts: 2221
- Name of posts:
- Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police/Male: 616 Posts
- Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police/ Female: 256 Posts
- Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPFs/Male: 697 Posts
- Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPFs/Female: 89 Posts
- ASI (Executive) in CISF/Male: 507 vASI (Executive) in CISF/Female: 56 Posts
SSC SI, CAPF, ASI Eligibility
- Educational qualification: Bachelor's Degree from a recognized university.
- Age Limit: Between 20 to 25 years
- Application Fee: Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred only). Mode of payment:- Fee can be paid through SBI Challan/ SBI Net banking or through credit/ debit cards of any bank. Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation are exempted from paying fee, as per rules/ instructions of Department of Personnel and Training, Government of India.
Scheme of Examination:
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their total marks in the Written Examination in Paper - I & II. Candidates will be recommended for appointment by the Commission on the basis of total marks in the Written Examination. There will be no interview component.
SSC SI, CAPF & ASI Exam Syllabus & Pattern
- Part A: General Intelligence and Reasoning: 50 questions & 50 Marks
- part B: General Knowledge and General Awareness: 50 questions & 50 Marks
- Part C: Quantitative Aptitude: 50 questions & 50 Marks
- Part D: English Comprehension: 50 questions & 50 Marks
- Duration and timing: 2 Hours
- English language & Comprehension: 200 questions & 200 Marks
- Duration and timing: 2 Hours
- Question s in both papers will be of Objective Multiple Choice Type. Questions will be set in Hindi and English in Parts A, B and C of Paper I.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I &Paper-II.
- Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions.
- The Commission may at the discretion fix qualifying marks in Paper-II.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualifying the candidates.
Physical Endurance Test (PET) / Physical Started Test (PST) in Mandatory for the Posts:
- Height (in CMS):
- Male: 170 (General), 165 (candidates belonging to Hill areas), 162.5 (candidates belonging to Cheduled Tribes)
- Female: 157 (For Female candidates only GENERAL), 155 (candidates belonging to Hill areas), 154 (candidates belonging to Cheduled Tribes)
- Chest (in CMS - Male)
- All: 80 (Unexpanded) / 85 (Expanded)
- candidates belonging to Cheduled Tribes: 77 (Unexpanded) / 82 (Expanded)
- For male candidates only
- 100 meters race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 Kms race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump : 3.65 metres in 3 chances
- High Jump : 1.2 metres in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5 metres in 3 chance
- For female candidates only
- 100 metres race in 18 seconds
- 800 metres race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 metres (9 feet) in 3 chances.
- High Jump : 0.9 metres (3 feet) in 3 chances
- Weight: Corresponding to height for all posts.
- Eye sight: The minimum distant vision should be 6/6 and 6/9 of two eyes without correction i.e. without wearing of glasses.
- The candidate must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes and they should possess high colour vision.
- They must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties.
How to apply:
- Applications must be submitted only in the online mode. Details instructions as in Annexure -IIA and Annexure-IIB may be referred to. Candidates may note that only online application will be accepted at http://ssconline.nic only.
- Application Begin Date: 22/04/2017
- Application End Date: 15/05/2017 (upto 05:00 p.m)
- Offline Challan Generation End Date: 15/05/2017 (upto 05:00 p.m)
- Payment Through SBI Challan: 18/05/2017 (upto 05:00 p.m)
- Date of Computer Based Examination:
- Paper-I: 30/06/2017 to 07/07/2017
- Paper-II: 08/10/2017