Indian Navy SSR Recruitment 2017
The Indian Navy invited from Unmarried Male Indian Citizens and subjects of Nepal and Bhutan for enrollment as sailors for Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) - Feb 2018 Batch. For more details regarding education qualification, pay scale, how to apply, selection process, no of posts, last date for submission application and other details are available at given below link.
- Name of posts: Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR)
Related: SSC Combined Graduate Level (SSC CGL) Examination 2017
- Educational qualification: Qualified in 10+2 / equivalent examination with Maths & Physics and atleast one of these subjects:- Chemistry/Biology/Computer science.
- Age limit: Candidates should have been born between 01 Feb 97 to 31 Jan 2001 (Both dates inclusive).
- Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit on their performance in Written Test, qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations.
Scheme of Examination
- Written exam:
- The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type.
- The question paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General
- The question paper will be of 10+2 standard and the syllabus for the examination is available on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- Duration of examination will be one hour.
- The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT): PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7minutes, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
- Medical Standards.
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standards prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
- Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum chest expansion of 5 cms.
- The candidate must be in good physical and mental health, free from any defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions as per Navy Order (Special) 01/2008. Extract of the Navy Order can be accessed from the official recruitment website.
- Initial Medical Examination for recruitment will be considered only “Provisionally fit subject to fitness in the final medical examination”. Final Medical Examination of all selected candidates will be done at INS Chilka. Candidates, who are NOT found medically fit in the final medical examination at INS Chilka, will NOT be enrolled for training. No “Appeal” is permitted for review after the final enrolment medical examination at INS Chilka.
- Visual Standards: Without Glasses: 6/6 (Better Eye) | 6/9 (Worse Eye) & With Glasses: 6/6 (Better Eye) | 6/6 (Worse Eye)
- Tattoos: Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e, from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reversed side of palm/ back (dorsal) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body is not acceptable and candidate will be barred from recruitment.
How to apply:
- Candidates can apply ONLINE ONLY on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in from 22 May 17 to 04 Jun 17. The procedure is as follows:
- Before filling online application, keep matric certificate & 10+2 Mark sheet ready for reference.
- Register yourself on www.joinindiannavy.gov.in with your E-mail Id, if not registered already. The E-mail Id will be used for all future communication.
- ‘Log–in’ with the registered E-mail Id and Click on “Current Opportunities”.
- Click on “Apply” (√) button.
- Fill up the Form completely. Before clicking the ‘Submit’ button make sure all the details are correct and all required documents are scanned in original and uploaded.
- Online applications will be further scrutinised for eligibility and may be rejected if found not eligible in any respect.
- Photograph. THE PHOTOGRAPH TO BE UPLOADED SHOULD BE OF GOOD QUALITY WITH BLUE BACKGROUND.
- The application can be uploaded from Common Service Centres (CSC) across the country, against a fixed fees of Rs 60/-.
Related: BSF Recruitment 2017 for Sr. Aircraft Mechanic, Sr Flight Gunner & Others
- Online application start from: 22/05/2017
- Last date for online application: 04/06/2017
- View official notification: Click here
- Apply online
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.