Southern Railway published an official notification for Recruitment of ITI Apprentices for 678 posts. Eligible candidates can apply for this recruitment. You can view more details about this recruitment including No. of posts, name of post, Educational qualification, Age limit, Selection process, How to apply etc... You can also view official notification and other important facts about this recruitment e.g. Important links and Important dates.
- No. of posts: 678
- Name of posts: ITI Apprentices
- Educational qualification: 10th pass, 12th pass and other Graduate. View more official notification above mentioned link.
- Age limit:
- (a) For Fresher Category (Trade Welder, Carpenter, Painter, Fitter, Electrician and R&AC) - 15 to 22 Years
- (b) For Fresher Category (Medical Laboratory Technician (Radiology, Pathology and Cardiology)) -> 15 to 24 Years
- (c) For Ex.ITI Category -> 15 to 24 Years
- Application Fee: A crossed Indian Postal Order (IPO) for ₹ 100/- drawn not earlier than the date of issue of this notification (Not Refundable) drawn in favour of the Workshop Personnel Officer, Carriage and Wagon Works, Southern Railway, Perambur, Chennai-600023 and payable at Chennai.
- The selection will be on the basis of Merit List prepared in respect of all the eligible candidates who apply against the Notification. The Merit List will be prepared by the Committee nominated for this purpose by following the procedure mentioned as under:
- (a) Fresher Category: Marks obtained in Matriculation will be converted for 200 and merit list will be drawn based on the converted marks duly ensuring Minimum 50% in aggregate marks in Matriculation.
- (b) Ex.ITI: Marks obtained in Matriculation will be converted to 100 marks ( duly ensuring Minimum 50% marks in aggregate) + ITI marks duly converted to 100. Total marks put together will be calculated for 200 marks and merit list will be drawn based on the converted marks giving equal weight age to both.
- (c) For SC/ST: Ex.servicemen and PWD (PH quota) candidates the minimum percentage of 50% marks in aggregate in Matriculation is not insisted upon.
- (d) In case of two candidates having the same marks, the older candidate will be preferred. In case the dates of birth are also same, then the candidate who has passed Matriculation Examination earlier will be considered.
- (e) For Fresher: i.e Non-ITI Candidates-Medical department : Marks obtained in 12th standard marks will be converted for 200 and merit list will be drawn based on the converted marks duly ensuring Minimum 50% in aggregate marks in 12th standard.
How to apply:
- Interested and eligible candidates can send their application in prescribed format to below mentioned address along with necessary documents.
- Last date for online application: 15/07/2017
- View official advertisement & Download application form here
Download our Android app to get updates on your mobile.