UPSC Indian Information Service - IIS Notification 2017
Union Public Service Commotion (UPSC) published notification for recruitment for Indian Information Service - IIS Group ‘B’ (Gazetted), Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. For more details about this recruitment like name of post, educational qualification, age limit, selection process, how to apply & more as under. You can view more details about this recruitment by following link.
UPSC IIS Job details
- No. of posts: 72
- Name of posts: Indian Information Service - IIS
- Hindi: 19
- English: 21 Posts
- Marathi: 03 Posts
- Gujrathi: 02 Posts
- Bengali: 03 Posts
- Oriya: 02 Posts
- Tamil: 04 Posts
- Malayalam: 02 Posts
- Telugu: 04 Posts
- Kannada: 02 Posts
- Urdu: 04 Posts
- Assamese: 02 Posts
- Punjabi: 02 Posts
- Kashmiri: 01 Post
- Manipuri: 01 Post
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC IIS
- Educational qualification: (i) Degree of a recognized University or Institute; (ii) Diploma/Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism/ Mass Communication from a recognized University/Institution. OR Degree in Journalism and Mass Communication from a recognized University/Institute. The Candidates must have studied concerned Indian language upto 10th Class.
- Age limit: 30 years
- Application Fee: (a) Candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 25/- (Rupees Twenty five) only either by remitting the money in any branch of the SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of the SBI or by using visa/master credit/debit card. (b) No fee for SC/ST/PH/Women candidates of any community. No "fee exemption" is available to OBC male candidates and they are required to pay the full prescribed fee. (c) Applications without the prescribed fee would not be considered and summarily rejected. No representation against such rejection would be entertained. (d) Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstance nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection
UPSC IIS Selection Process
- The category-wise minimum level of suitability in interviews, irrespective of whether the selection is made only by interview or by Recruitment Test followed by interview, will be UR-50 marks, OBC-45 marks, SC/ST/PH-40 marks, out of the total marks of interview being 100.
- In cases where selection is made by Recruitment Test (RT) followed by interview, the candidate will have to achieve minimum level of suitability in their respective category at both stages i.e. ‘Recruitment Test’ as well as ‘Interview’. The minimum level of suitability in case of RT shall be decided by the Commission on case to case basis.
How to apply:
- Candidates must apply online through the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
UPSC IIS Important dates
- Advertisement No.11/2017
- Online application start from: 10/06/2017
- Last date for online application: 29/06/2017
- Last date for receipt of application: 30/06/2017